Ridelink is a collaboration of five agencies providing transportation for adults 60 and over in Kent County, Michigan.
Ridelink agencies include; ACSET- Latin American Services, American Red Cross, Hope Network Transportation, Senior Neighbors and United Methodist Community House. Ridelink is coordinated by The Rapid and the Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan.
How to Schedule a Ride:
Before you can schedule a ride you must complete the registration form (click here for registration form) and fax it to 616-774-1284. Registration forms can also be mailed to Ridelink c/o the Rapid, 300 Ellsworth Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
It takes up to five (5) business days to complete the registration process. Once your information is entered in the system, you may begin scheduling rides by calling Ridelink at (616) 774-1288.
When scheduling rides, be sure to have the address of your destination.
Hours of Operation:
Ridelink is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You must call Monday-Friday between 8AM-12PM for next day service. Rides can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance.
- Ridelink transportation is provided by several different agencies and your trip(s) may be assigned to any one of their agency vehicles according to availability. The vehicles vary in size, color and markings, to identify a Ridelink vehicle, look for the Ridelink name on the side of the vehicle.
- There is a $2.00 donation requested for each trip.Donations are a critical part of the program and are used to provide additional service.
- There is a 2 grocery bag limit –no exceptions.
- Trips can be scheduled to any address within Kent County; you must provide the address of your destination when you call to schedule your ride.
- Scheduling for transportation is done on a first come, first served basis.
- Only the registered client will be allowed to use the service, clients who need a personal care attendants must notify the Ridelink Coordinator when scheduling trips.
- Ridelink has a pick-up window of 15 minutes before and after the scheduled time.Drivers wait 5 minutes for passengers to come out and board the vehicle.
Ridelink is made possible through funding from the Kent County Senior Millage and Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan
For additional transportation resources, visit